One of the most significant pieces of news so far is that International applicants can now apply to Study at Alberta University Without IELTS in 2023. The University of Alberta Scholarship without IELTS is a New Initiative they launched in 2022 for the 2023 Academic Admissions. Alberta University has removed the IELTS requirement. Fully Funded Masters, PhD Degree Programs. They have added new Universities, in countries that are exempted from IELTS. The University of Alberta is a Top 5 Canadian university offering Scholarships in 2022 for the 2023 session. All International and Canadian Citizens are eligible for the University of Alberta Scholarships.
Alberta University offers a wide range of academic fields with more than 200 Undergraduate programs, More than 500 graduate programs, 250 specializations, and 300 research areas. For those International students who are seeking Scholarship opportunities in Canada, then Alberta University is the Best option for them.
So let’s get started and explore some of the scholarships in Canada for International students to make your dream of studying in Canada come true. In this post, we will tell you step by step how to apply without IELTS for the University of Alberta Scholarships for international students. The complete details on how to Study at Alberta University Without IELTS in 2023 are given below.
Details About Study at Alberta University Without IELTS
- Country: Canada
- University Name: Alberta University
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th December 2022 (For most courses)
UAlberta Scholarship Benefits
Following is a list of Fully Funded scholarships available at the University of Alberta for Undergraduate and Graduate students.
Awards, scholarships, and prizes, which are awarded to outstanding applicants, are funded by a variety of sources including the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta
- Entrance scholarships (Automatically Consideration) For Undergraduate, Graduates
- International Student Scholarships: Value: Up to $9,000; payable over four years
- University of Alberta Gold Standard Scholarship: Value: Up to $6,000
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship: $5,000/Year
- University of Alberta Master’s Entrance Scholarship: Stipend: $17,500 (International students will receive an additional $10,000 to help cover fees.)
- Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES): Minimum award of $11,000 and maximum of 15,000
Best and Brightest Scholarships at the University of Alberta
Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships Include:
- George and Marsha Ivany President’s First & Best Scholarships
Value: $40,000 ($10,000/year over four years).
- Chancellors’ Scholarships
Value: $30,000 ($7,500/year over four years)
- U of S Entrance Scholarships
Value: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years)
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships
Value: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years)
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources Renewable Entrance Scholarships
Value: $12,000 ($3,000/year over four years)
- Find more about Awards and Funding by Alberta University: Here
- Funding Information for International Students: Here
- Use Filter to Search all Alberta Scholarships: Here
List of Countries and Universities Exempted from IELTS
The Alberta University made changes to Language requirements. The list of the countries and students of these universities are exempted from giving an IELTS.
Students from these countries are exempted from giving an IELTS. A great chance for Nigerian students to study in Canada without IELTS. Other African countries are included too.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
- Canadian Citizens and International students are eligible to apply.
- No Late Applications will be accepted.
- The criteria also depend on the course you select.
- Transcripts, Degrees, CVs
- Reference Letters
- Recommendation Letters for Scholarship
- Certificates (If any)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Motivation Letter with Scholarship Application
Application Deadline for the Alberta Univesity
The University of Alberta’s Deadline for the Scholarship varies from course to course. For most of the programs, the deadline is 15th December 2022.
How to Apply to Study at Alberta University Without IELTS
Steps to apply for the Canadian Scholarship at Alberta University:
- First Visit: https://www.ualberta.ca/index.html
- Scroll down, and you will see two buttons. Find your program, and Begin the Application.
- Click on Begin Application. It will open a page. Applying to a UAlberta graduate program involves three basic steps.
- Then chose your program. View the Graduate Programs page to search for program information. It will display all programs. Under each program, there will be a deadline and further information.
- Then Review Graduate Admissions Requirements and Contact the Department.
- Prepare and Apply Online for the University of Alberta Scholarship 2022.