- DEADLINE: September 21, 2021
- TIME LEFT: 110 Days
- REGION: China
- Full Scholarship
Designed to prepare young leaders to serve as a bridge between China and the rest of the world, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends.
Students pursue a Masters in Global Affairs, with concentrations in one of the following disciplines: public policy, economics and business, and international studies. The concentration gives students an opportunity to focus on aspects of global affairs they may not have previously studied.
Schwarzman Scholars are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. Prospective Scholars are expected to demonstrate academic excellence, exceptional results in their field, and outstanding leadership qualities. Schwarzman Scholars brings together a diverse cohort of young leaders from all regions and sectors of the world who embrace each other’s differences while working on a joint mission. Interested candidates participate in a rigorous and thorough selection process, designed to identify the most promising young leaders from around the world. Those selected will have demonstrated an ability to effectively understand and contribute to the program so it may evolve to suit the needs of a rapidly changing world.
Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders that will build strong ties between China and the rest of the world.
For those ready to make their mark on the world, Schwarzman Scholars represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- All travel expenses will be covered.
- The full tuition fee will be covered throughout the program duration.
- Study tours allowance will be provided
- A stipend will be provided to the scholar.
- A personal laptop will be provided.
- An allowance for course books will be covered in the scholarship.
- Comprehensive medical insurance will be provided.
- Must have an undergraduate degree: Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Must be 18-28 years of age: Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year (for the current election cycle, as of August 1, 2022).
- Must be proficient in the English language (IELTS 7.00):
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600. Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100. International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- For applicants using the China Application System, refer to guidelines on the Schwarzman College Admissions page.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Online Application
The application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have answered all the required questions. The application form must be completed in English. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting; you may access, save, and continue to work on your application as frequently as needed before submitting the application.
- Supporting Documents (Resume, 2 Essays, Transcript/Academic Records, 3 Letters of Recommendation, Video Introduction)
The supporting documents listed here are required to apply. We discourage applicants from submitting any supplemental materials that are not required, such as portfolios, writing samples, additional recommendations, etc. Such materials will not be shared with the Review Committee.
- Application Review and Interview
Applications are reviewed by a distinguished committee of business, government, and academic leaders from around the world. A select number of candidates are invited for interviews in late October and early November before an international panel of leaders from a variety of backgrounds. These interviewers draw on their leadership experience to identify a cohort of highly accomplished candidates whose paths to leadership will be enhanced by an introduction to China and its global role.
- Check the Apply Now link for further details.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2021 (110 Days Remaining)
Apply from here: Official Link
You may also like
Giveaway yarışmasının seçimləri Enversonun rəsmi Instagram hesabında canlı yayım vasitəsi ilə 28 Yanvar 2013, saat 14:00-da həyata keçirildi. Seçim üçün canlı yayımın saatı öncədən hekayə bölməsində paylaşılmışdı. Seçimə əsasən 3 …
Ingilis dilində hansı səviyyələr var? A1 10 % A2 20% B1 50% B2 70% C1 90% C2 100% *Faizlə göstərilmiş ədədlər – qarşısındakı səviyyənin ingilis dilinin neçə faizi olduğunu göstərir. …