Join SCHUMAN VOLUNTEERS
Layihə müddətində yaşayış, cib, səyahət (yol biletləri), yemək və nəqliyyat xərcləri tam olaraq qarşılanır.
1) Special Kindergarten 393 (📍 Varşava)
2) Special Kindergarten 213 (📍 Varşava)
➡️ Müraciət üçün: CV və motivasiya məktubunuzu [email protected] email ünvanına mövzu/başlıqda (ESC in Poland və layihənin adını – məsələn: Special Kindergarten 393) qeyd etməklə göndərməyiniz lazımdır. Hər iki sənəd ingilis dilində olmalıdır. 1-ci mərhələdən uğurla keçən namizədlərə xüsusi müraciət forması göndəriləcəkdir.
1. Special Kindergarten 393
OID number: E10157282
Project duration: October 2022 – July 2023
We are searching for: 2-4 volunteers
Special Kindergarten no 393 in Warsaw is a public educational institution for children with physical and intellectual
disabilities (cerebral palsy, genetics definitive, down syndrome etc.). There are 30 children from 2,5 to 8 years old divided into 4 groups. Some children are able to walk and some are able to communicate verbally but some need help with all basic movements and operations. The pedagogical team is supported by specialists that lead different therapeutic activities like speech therapy, sensory integration, physiotherapy etc.
The volunteers’ main task will be to:
- participate in the classes and workshops (group and individual activities with children in various age groups),
- help the staff in everyday routine. They will help in changing children’s clothes, feeding the children or assisting them to eat their meals, going to the toilet. Each day is organized in systematically way, as it is required by children. Everyone starts the day with greetings and the whole day schedule is presented in interactive way using AAC methods (augmentative and alternative communication);
- propose their own activities for the group. There is a special kindergarten plan which educators must follow but there is also some space for volunteer’s own creativity – they can adapt theatre plays instead of reading to children or exercising their artistic talents while preparing materials & scenery for kindergarten plays, seasonal holidays etc.;
- suggest educational group activities and/or individual work process for one child, all under supervision of an educator;
- learn about different methods of working with children with various disabilities. They will have a chance to see therapeutic meetings, learn about adapted computer programs and didactic tools. Through cooperate with specialists in everyday classes and therapies, they will be able to gain professional knowledge and insight into working methods;
- assist in walks and trips outside of the kindergarten. Most of the children are not able to move or walk, but of course some outdoor activities will be organized. For example walks in the park (with a help of wheelchairs), visiting the theatres, visiting neighbor kindergartens etc.
2. Special Kindergarten 213
OID number: E10013901
Project duration: October 2021 – July 2023
We are searching for: 2 volunteers
Special Kindergarten number 213 in Warsaw is a public educational institution for children and youth with physical and intellectual disabilities. There are 47 children and adolescents (from 3 to 25 years old) divided into 8 groups. All
protégés are children with disabilities accompanied by other developmental disorders, e.g. autism, genetic diseases,
behavioral disorders and physical disabilities. The pedagogical team is supported by specialists that lead different therapeutic activities like speech therapy, sensory integration, physiotherapy etc. The kindergarten works at different times – there are groups working only in the morning and groups working only in the afternoon.
The volunteers’ main task will be to:
- help in two different groups of children – 1 group of children with autism between 4-6 years old and 1 group of children with physical and intellectual disabilities. Each group is up to 6 children which creates an opportunity for establishing individual relationship during individual lessons, therapies;
- accompany teachers and experts with special activities like physiotherapy, sensory integration,
fairytale integration, language therapies. Take a part in integration and didactic activities in group activities;
- propose own ideas on how to develop existing activities or create new ones for children. With
teacher’s help volunteers will add new content to the weekly schedule. They will prepare presentations about their home countries or thematic days/weeks to promote their culture;
- assist staff in their activities connected with daily routine: morning greetings, planning whole
day using AAC methods (augmentative and alternative communication), assisting during the meals or feeding children, assisting children while going to the bathroom;
- occasionally go out with children to theaters, cinemas, parks or visit partner schools institutions. Once a year in spring time group of children visits seaside for holidays and volunteers
will be asked to join them and help during this trip.