- DEADLINE: August 15, 2021
- TIME LEFT: 16 Days
- FULLY FUNDED
- REGION: Germany
Applications are now open for Leibniz Institute Of European History (IEG) Fellowships for Doctoral Students! Apply now!
The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) in Mainz is a non-profit institution devoted to academic research that is not part of a university. It is an independent research institute and it has been a member of the Leibniz Association since 2012. Its purpose is to conduct academic research on European history. The Institute fulfills this purpose through the individual and joint research efforts of its staff and through the research scholarships and fellowships that it awards to academics both from Germany and abroad.
IEG awards several research fellowships to young academics (doctoral students) from Germany and abroad. Funding is provided for both doctoral research dealing with History, Theology, or any other History based discipline. If they wish, scholarship holders and fellows can collaborate with the academic staff of the IEG in the Institute’s research areas. Each scholarship holder is assigned a contact person from among the academic staff of the IEG who can offer them advice and mentoring. Research projects must be at least six months in duration if they are to receive IEG funding. As a research institution that is not part of a university, the Institute does not hold any examinations and does not award any academic qualifications. Dissertations are completed under the supervision of the fellowship holder’s supervisor at her/his home university. For the whole duration of the program, you will reside and work in the Institute building in Mainz, Germany.
Fellows must submit a final report of their project at the end of the funding period.
The IEG Fellowships are jointly funded by the federal and state governments and are dedicated exclusively for the purpose of conducting research. As an IEG Fellow and a doctoral student, the selected scholar will be benefited with-
- A monthly fellows grant worth EUR 1,350
- If the student plan to travel with his/her partner to Mainz and does not have an income of more than 450 euros per month, he/she may receive a family allowance
- If the student is accompanied by his/her underage children, he/she can also apply for a child allowance
The fellowship is open for-
- Ph.D. students from Germany and abroad
- have at least a Masters level degree in history, theology, or another discipline that works historically
- have been pursuing their doctorate for no more than three years at the time of taking up the fellowship, though exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Attachments in the following order:
- The completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and a list of publications (if applicable) (please do not send photographs)
- An outline of the Ph.D.-thesis (up to 15,000 characters excluding footnotes and spaces)
- The structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- A detailed timetable for the intended stay at the Institute
- Copies of university transcripts and proof of language competence
- Please ensure that any attachments are PDF files.
- Please use the IEG application form by clicking on Apply now!
- Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Leibniz Institute of European History
Prof. Irene Dingel and Prof. Johannes Paulmann
Re: Fellowship Application
You may write in either English or German; we recommend that you use the language in which you are most proficient.
The primary academic advisor mails an up-to-date reference directly to the IEG by the application deadline to: [email protected]
- The letter of reference should discuss (please avoid a general letter of recommendation):
- The applicant’s academic qualifications
- Topic matter, goal, and current state of the Ph.D. project
- A synopsis of work to be done in Mainz along with possible time and work schedules
Additionally, you will need a potential second referee, who will be contacted directly by the IEG (see application form under 14b). Informing the potential second referee about your application and a potential letter of reference in advance is recommended.
Letters of reference should contain information on the question, method, results, and representation of your research project. Additionally, they should also give an evaluation regarding the recent state of research on the topic.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021 (16 Days Remaining)
Apply from here: Official Link
You may also like
Giveaway yarışmasının seçimləri Enversonun rəsmi Instagram hesabında canlı yayım vasitəsi ilə 28 Yanvar 2013, saat 14:00-da həyata keçirildi. Seçim üçün canlı yayımın saatı öncədən hekayə bölməsində paylaşılmışdı. Seçimə əsasən 3 …
Ingilis dilində hansı səviyyələr var? A1 10 % A2 20% B1 50% B2 70% C1 90% C2 100% *Faizlə göstərilmiş ədədlər – qarşısındakı səviyyənin ingilis dilinin neçə faizi olduğunu göstərir. …