The Faculty of Health Science and Technology has announced the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Biology at the Department of Environmental and Life Sciences in Ecological Modelling at Karlstad University.
The successful candidate will develop and apply advanced individual-based models (IBMs) for Atlantic salmon, brown trout, and European grayling under various river management scenarios. The research will be conducted with stakeholders from hydropower, county administration and municipalities, and NGOs.The position may include 20 % teaching or other academic duties in the Department.
Karlstad University is a state university in Karlstad, Sweden. It was initially established as the Karlstad campus of the University of Gothenburg in 1967. This campus became an independent university college in 1977, which was granted full university status in 1999 by the Government of Sweden. There are two campuses, one in Vaxjo and one in Kalmar. It offers seven Bachelor’s programs (in Swedish) and four Master’s programs.
Why study at Karlstad University? The main aim of Karlstad University is to provide broad-based, multidisciplinary programs for students in Sweden and visiting students from abroad while developing strong areas of research. The University is located on one campus, offering a modern and stimulating environment. They offer well-reputed, excellent academic environments in which research and teaching are closely connected.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Karlstad University
- Department: The Faculty of health science and technology or department of environmental and life sciences
- Course Level: Post-doctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Post-Doctoral research fellowship in biology or ecological modeling.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To be eligible for the postdoctoral appointment, applicants are required to hold a PhD (or to be completed before the decision about the employment is taken) in ecology, related fields for the appointment, or have equivalent qualifications achieved abroad. The candidate must have completed the degree no more than three years before the application deadline.
- Qualifications obtained earlier may be considered if there are special grounds, such as sick leave, parental leave, clinical service, service as a union representative, or similar.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the fellowship, all interested candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree at Karlstad University.
- Supporting Documents: The application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and research interests with the duties of the position
- List of publications
- Copies of relevant transcripts, degree certificates, certificates to verify previous employment, and letters of recommendation
- Copy of doctoral thesis and other relevant publications
- Information about language skills
- Attach all the documents and publications you wish to be considered to the electronic application (do not just provide links). Name each uploaded document to clearly indicate its content.
- Documents that cannot be submitted electronically, such as books or publications, should be sent to Karlstads university Josefin Rönnqvist 651 88 Karlstad.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible for the postdoctoral appointment, applicants are required to hold a PhD in ecology or related fields for the position or have equivalent qualifications achieved abroad.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
Karlstad University will provide the salary for applicants. The position is full-time employment for 24 months, starting on January 2, 2023, or by agreement between the applicant and the employer at Karlstad University for the academic year 2022/2023.