- DEADLINE: June 15, 2021
- TIME LEFT: 11 Days
- REGION: UK
- Full Scholarship
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of people’s lives in a way never seen before. In the face of the pandemic, young people have demonstrated their motivation and capacity to meet local and global health challenges. Whether by caring for patients on the frontlines, providing health awareness & education to their communities or supporting vulnerable populations, young leaders have been essential to the world’s response to this unprecedented crisis.
The Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship has been established to recognize the outstanding actions of young people to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on society.
50 scholars will receive digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 – 25 July. In addition, scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community, a network of 12,000+ changemakers in more than 190 countries.
One Young World partners with 190+ global businesses, NGOs and educational institutions. Leading companies from every sector make One Young World an integral part of their global talent development, retention and attraction. Companies increasing their level of involvement each year demonstrate their ever-growing commitment to young people. Companies sending Delegates include Audi, BMW, BNP Paribas, Chanel, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Facebook, GE, Goldman Sachs, Google, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG, L’Oréal, McKinsey, Novartis, Pepsico, Reckitt Benckiser, Siemens, Unilever and Verizon, to name a few. One Young World boasts the largest corporate footprint of any organisation in the third sector.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and advancing health education and access.
- Digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with Pfizer executives.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders aged 18 – 30* who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access. Relevant impact includes:
- Providing healthcare to COVID-19 patients.
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 risks and contributing to community safety.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Digital solutions to enhance access education and access to healthcare.
- Initiatives that combat the secondary impacts of the pandemic e.g. responding to increases in unemployment.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entreprenuers, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
In addition to these criteria, successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to engage with Pfizer professionals.
Eligible Regions: Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Submit the application form through the online application portal below before 10:00 am BST on 15 June 2021.
- Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021 (11 Days Remaining)
Apply from here: Official Link