- DEADLINE: June 4, 2021
- TIME LEFT: 4 Days
- Fully Funded
The Fellows in Residence Program is a paid, year-long Fellowship for emerging social change leaders who aspire to build a movement of youth working for change. We search the world for young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises that made a significant positive change in their community and are looking for their next leadership opportunity as they work towards a lifelong career as a leader in the social sector. Through a competitive application process, they select an exceptional cohort of young people (under age 26) who join the Peace First team for one year to lead our programs in their home region.
During their year of service, Fellows-in-Residence receive competitive pay, professional development funding, mentorship and training and travel opportunities. They join a global Community of Practice, collaborating with other Fellows in Residence from around the world who become a critical source of support, guidance, feedback and friendship on their journey. Over the course of the year, Fellows in Residence grow their networks within and beyond their region and build skills across many different domains critical to social change leadership.
Fellows in Residence lead Peace First’s programs in their region, working to mobilize and support hundreds of young leaders in their community as knowledgeable yet approachable near-peers.
The Fellows in Residence program is designed to be a launchpad for the next generation of social change leaders. Their alumni have received Fulbright, Chevening and Mastercard scholarships for further study, advanced into management positions in the social sector and startups and returned to their organizations with the skills, networks and knowledge needed to take their ideas to scale. Many Fellows in Residence choose to serve a second year in the program.
Applications for the 2021 cohort of Fellows in Residence in MENA, Asia and Oceania, UK & Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa are now open.
- Designing and implementing recruitment strategy in their region
- Mobilizing and managing volunteer Ambassadors to meet regional goals
- Providing feedback and support to a large portfolio of youth project leaders
- Reviewing and approving all mini-grant applications within their region
- Developing and managing partnerships with organizations in their region
- Serving as a coach for Accelerator grantees
- Hosting Labs, Community Calls and other trainings for young people
- Speaking on behalf of Peace First
- Supporting the design of new and improved Peace First programming
- Contributing to organizational fundraising and storytelling efforts
- Under 26 years old on June 1, 2021.
- Based in the region you are applying for.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency or proficiency in different languages for different regions is highly desirable as well. Such as Hindi & Nepali- Asia, Arabic- Middle East and North Africa, French- UK & Europe, Spanish- USA & Canada.
- Have reliable access to a fast, stable internet connection (assuming the cost of internet access is covered).
- Able to commit to at least one year as a Fellow in Residence, beginning August 2021.
- Hold a valid passport and are able to travel.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the Apply Now link
- Fill up the form for your region.
- You need to provide your change-making project ideas and their details.
Apply from here: https://www.peacefirst.org/fellows