Griffith University is seeking students to apply for the Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Impact of Exercise and Altitude on Cardiac Function in Athletes and Chronic Disease in Australia. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The primary focus of this role is to develop novel assessment techniques of cardiac function during exercise that can promote early identification of adaptive and maladaptive cardiac remodeling in health and disease. This project includes the opportunity to learn cardiac ultrasound and work in a multi-disciplinary field. A successful International applicant will also cover tuition fees for up to three years.
Why choose to study at Griffith University? As Griffith College is geared to get you straight to a degree at Griffith University, here’s what makes it an excellent choice for career success. The university offers a variety of degree courses and exceptional student support to the participants. The university is known for its high-impact research, outstanding student experience, commitment to social justice, and welcoming environment.
Application Deadline: The closing date for expressions of interest is: 11:59 pm on 29 July 2022.
- University or Organization: Griffith University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: $28,854
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Impact of exercise and altitude on cardiac function in athletes and chronic disease offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Expressions of interest are welcome from domestic and international applicants.
- Applicants must have completed, or expect to complete, a bachelor’s degree with honors equivalent to first class honor’s or a master’s degree (AQF Level 9) incorporating a significant research component of a standard comparable to a bachelor honor’s degree or be regarded by Griffith University as having an equivalent level of attainment by Schedule One of the HDR Scholarship Policy.
- The applicant should have prior research experience in exercise physiology or cardiac function.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, all interested candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree at Griffith University. All expressions of interest must be submitted to Dr. Glenn Stewart email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the following supporting documents:
- Statement addressing your suitability for the project/scholarship
- Evidence that you have completed a program of research with the required grades/outcomes as detailed in the scholarship eligibility criteria
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Research proposal
- Names of two referees
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for this program applicant must meet all the entry requirements for the University.
- Language Requirement: If your previous study was undertaken in a language other than English, you might need to take an English language test to demonstrate you met the English language requirements for your degree.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5, with no sub-score less than 6.0 or
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 575 or
- Internet-based (IBT) TOEFL: a score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19) or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): an overall score of 58 with no score less than 50 or
- ISLPR: no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR
Griffith University will provide an annual stipend of $28,854 (indexed) for up to three years of full-time study.